If you need help with college applications/FAFSA/ or scholarships, come to College Club on Thursdays 4:00PM - 5:00PM
1. You must report any Ds or Fs on your 7 semester transcripts OR changes in course work you reported on your application. Either call or email to find out what the procedure for each specific school
IF you do not do this step and you are admitted, your admission will likely be taken away if you decide to go there, when they require your final transcripts
2. Every school needs your SAT/ACT scores. If you sent them over a month ago and you receive a notice about sending your scores, call them immediately. It sometimes takes a while for a school to update its information.
3. Check your Transcript on Infinite Campus (Reports tab). If there is a mistake, email your counselor as soon as possible. We will be sending out 7 semester transcripts starting Jan 22.
4. Mid-Year Reports include the 7 Semester Transcript.
1. All self-reported test scores MUST be sent to each campus. a. Check the individual campus for due dates and to see that they have been received b. Check the chart in the reminders on how to send scores to UCs and CSUs
COMMUNICATION WITH THE COLLEGE
2. Check your emails and respond to any requests at LEAST once a week
3. If you were ask to set up a portal, make sure you sign in at LEAST once a week and look at your To
Do List and quickly respond/complete any requests
4. Make sure all of your colleges are listed on Naviance – Colleges I’m Applying To a. WE CAN’T SEND DOCUMENTS UNLESS THEY ARE LISTED
5. IF you need a transcript sent to a non-Common Application school; a. CSU- send Ignaitis an email with a screen shot of the request b. Out of state public school, after you have added it to your Colleges I’m Applying to list, send Ignaitis an email requesting a transcript
ADDING/REMOVING COLLEGES ON PINK SHEET
6. Remember to add the colleges to both Naviance and the Common Application (if appropriate) as well. a. It does not matter if you add colleges – the letter and documents are already completed but weneed to be informed! Naviance does not provide us with updates; it is up to the student.
7. If you remove a school, email your counselor, the teachers writing your LORs, and Ms Ignaitis
EARLY ADMITS 8. Congratulations! a. If you commit to a school, please tell ALL other colleges to withdraw your applications. i. Look on each website for directions b. For UCs, see the attached form for what to do for a specific campus.
If there are changes to other sections of your application. Minor changes to your activities, awards, volunteer work, employment or personal statement are unlikely to have an impact on your admission decision. However, if you have significant updates in any of these areas, you may notify the UC Application Center
UC Application Center
P.O. Box 1432
Bakersfield, CA 93302
Transcripts and Mid-Year Reports (MYR) Information
Transcripts will be ready by
All MYR will be completed by Feb 1st
Common Application Schools Require a Mid-Year Report (MYR) Information
Most MYR include only your new GPA and 7th semester transcripts. They also include any change in course work listed on your School Report (SR).
MYRs will be sent automatically if you requested a SR through Naviance.
If you need to speak to your counselor about your grades or some personal situation that should be included in your MYR, please make an appointment right away
If you had a school report sent to a non- Common Application college, send an email to your counselor ASAP, if a MYR is required